Duration: 3 hours
Due to the ever growing demand for advanced First Aid Treatment and Training we have expanded our training portfolio with this exciting new workshop.
In the case of Heart Arrest, seconds count. Early Defibrillation has proven to be a critical component in treating such Patients.
The Automated External Defibrillator (AED) is becoming increasingly present in companies, schools, theatres, sports arenas, public buildings, hotels, airports and churches.
An AED is a lightweight, portable device that checks the heart rhythm and can send an electric shock to the heart. This can stop an irregular heart rhythm and allow a normal rhythm to resume, therefor saving the patient’s life.
- A working understanding and knowledge of CPR
- Safety for both Patient and Rescuer
- Proper placement of Electrodes
- Delivering the first Shock as quickly as possible, ideally within 60 seconds from time of arrival at the Patient’s side
- Plenty of hands-on practice with AED training unit
This training comes alone, or with the purchase of an AED
AED – Description:
- 3-step defibrillation process
- 2-button operation
- Extensive verbal and visual prompts during operation
- Continuous event recording which can either be printed or downloaded to a PC
- Weekly self-test to ensure operational readiness
- Lock-out protection to prevent inadvertent defibrillation