SAQA Unit Standard 243301
Duration: 1 day
The aim of this Training is to equip the delegate with various Incident and Accident Investigation Tools and Systems, in order to be able to respond appropriately where action is required. The implementation of a variety of Control Measures at the Workplace is being discussed as well as the procedural requirements for the lodging of claims for Compensation with the Compensation Commissioner. A thorough understanding of the Occupational Health & Safety Act will be provided.
- Introduction to Health & Safety
- Legislative History
- Understanding the Constitution, the Act and its Regulations
- The Department of Labour (incl. Annexure 1 – Accidents & Diseases)
- The Health & Safety Act – Important Sections
- Introduction to Incident and Accident investigations
- High Risk Conditions
- Unsafe Acts
- Gathering Information including Witnesses
- The Health & Safety Representative’s Meeting
- Additional Information
On Completion of the Training the successful delegate will receive a Certificate and very detailed notes.
This Training can be conducted at your premises for 6 or more delegates.