SAQA Unit Standard 259604
Duration: 1 day
Health & Safety at the Workplace requires not only Understanding and Knowledge, but most of all a healthy amount of communication throughout the Workforce.
It is the Health & Safety Representative’s Responsibility to prevent potential Threats and non-compliance Issues, to report certain findings to Management, to then discuss possible solutions in carefully structured Health & Safety Meetings, and finally to ensure the achievement of set goals.
In order to give Management a more realistic view of Happenings on the work floor, non-managerial Representatives are of vital importance to this progress.
These Representatives must have a thorough knowledge and understanding of the legislative requirements (OSH Act), they must be aware of their Duties and Responsibilities, and they must be familiar with all Administrative Requirements involved in their Quest for Safety at the Workplace.
- Responsibilities of Employees towards Management and vice versa
- Responsibilities of Employees at the Workplace
Health and Safety Representatives:
- Requirements & Procedure of Appointment
- Legal Requirements and Functions
- Investigation, Cause – finding
- Health & Safety Inspections and Reporting
- Identification of Incidents, their Prevention & Reporting
- Identification of Risks and Hazards
- Basic Fire Prevention
- Legal Document Completion
- Inspection and Meeting
- Health & Safety Committees – Legal Requirements and Functions
On Completion of the Training the successful delegate will receive a Certificate and a very detailed handbook with Deviation Report and Inspection Documents.
This Training can be conducted at your premises or at ours. Public Classes for Individuals are available on a bi – weekly basis.
PUBLIC TRAINING SCHEDULE 2018
|7 Feb||14 Feb||21 Feb||7 Mar|
|14 Mar||28 Mar||11 Apr||18 Apr|
|25 Apr||9 May||16 May||30 May|
|6 Jun||20 Jun||27 Jun||11 Jul|
|18 Jul||25 Jul||1 Aug||15 Aug|
|29 Aug||5 Sep||12 Sep||19 Sep|
|3 Oct||10 Oct||24 Oct||31 Oct|
|14 Nov||21 Nov||28 Nov||5 Dec|